Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Review: Ignited by J. Kenner


Genre: Erotica, Romance
Release: September 9th, 2014

Blurb:

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You, and Release Me comes an all-new erotic series of three enigmatic and powerful men, and the striking women who can bring them to their knees.
 
He promised to take me as far as I could go—and I wanted to go to the edge. 
 
My whole life has been a cover, a con, a lie. I was born into the grift, raised on the thrill of playing someone I'm not. As a rule, I never let anyone get too close—until Cole August makes it impossible for me to stay away.
 
Cole is tough, sexy, and intensely loyal, yet his secrets are dark and his scars run deep. Not many women can handle his past, or the truth behind his fierce demands. But something about him beckons me—and our desire is a game I must play. 
 
I know he's dangerous, that even his touch is trouble, but what is passion without a little risk?
 Ignited is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.


Review:

So, I've been sitting on this review for a week or two now because I have mixed feelings about the book. So here's what I like to call a compliment sandwich (Thank you, Hart of Dixie):

Every book I've picked up by J. Kenner has been devoured in one sitting. She never fails to create ultra-sexy and mysterious, dominate men and feisty female counterparts. The drama gets your heart pumping and the steamy sex leaves you tingling, and Ignited had and did all those things, but I still couldn't help feeling like something was missing after I turned the last page.

The first two books of the series, Wanted and Heated, were great. There was drama, there was a problem, and it was solved, but still linked into the next book. Ignited had the drama, maybe a little more than the first two, poor Cole, but I was left a little lost at the end. Everything happened so fast I was scrambling to keep up and had to go back to re-read to make sure I had everything straight. It made me feel that there might be another book. I don't know, J. Kenner, is this actually the end of the Most Wanted boys? Anyway, I want to go into more detail, but I don't want to ruin it for fellow fans of the Most Wanted series.

Now, even with all that being said I was excited to finally get to know Kat and Cole. These two have a lot more in common than I ever could have guessed. The similarities from their pasts, the cons, the lies, the secrets, have them connecting on all levels. Kat is clearly done sitting around waiting to pounce on Cole, and even though Cole fights it (for about 2 seconds) in the beginning, we all know it's just a matter of time before he's got her pressed up against a brick wall going at it like the world is ending tomorrow. Who knew he was lusting, and lusting hard, for her this whole time? Kat has done a lot of sketchy things growing up, but she still has this innocence about her, something pure, and Cole see's that and loves and embraces it all. It's fun to read their interactions together whether it's inside or outside the bedroom.

I think these two finally getting together was like taking a huge breath after holding your breath for too long. Kat and Cole carry the heavy load of their pasts on their backs and needed someone to trust completely to let go, and they found that in each other.

3 ½ out of 5 for the HOT phone sex and the beyond erotic playroom they created together!
 photo bloggif1_zpsc952a13d.gif

Happy Reading,
A

Click.Tweet.Buy.
Website: Julie Kenner
Twitter: @juliekenner



No comments:

Post a Comment